MODS EDITING POSTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IS IT COOL FOR MODS TO EDIT POSTS?

25% 25% 
[ 2 ]
75% 75% 
[ 6 ]
 
Total Votes : 8

MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by thrillho on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:13 pm

I THINK IT SUCKS.

thrillho

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by thrillho on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:24 pm

i noticed the coward that voted "yes" didnt add a reply, HMMMmm, would that be a mod maybe?

thrillho

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by thrillho on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:27 pm

I was thinking of posting a shitload of porn all over the threads until I get banned or I run out of porn (that might be a while XD). If you guys wanna help me out by doing the sane, let me know so we can set up a time (I was thinking some time tomorrow) so we can all do it at the same time.

I'm bored.

Doing things like this helps pass the time XD

so this is sposed to be funny and im not?, fuck you guys, why dont you find a way to TP the other boards?...wimps...

thrillho

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by the raytownian on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:39 pm

I think it's pretty ironic... haha...

So that's why I've had a post vanish!

That's disappointing to learn.
avatar
the raytownian

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by gordon on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:40 pm

someone with power is misinterpreting rules.

gordon

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 31
Location : Asheville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by thrillho on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:43 pm

at least yours was deleted, mine was made to read like i was some kind of tool, i had to re-edit it just to come out even, now im gonna have to take a shit in EVERY thread until i get some justice... :evil:

thrillho

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by the raytownian on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:49 pm

thrillho wrote:at least yours was deleted, mine was made to read like i was some kind of tool, i had to re-edit it just to come out even, now im gonna have to take a shit in EVERY thread until i get some justice... :evil:

I can't even tell why mine got removed... and then the one in the same thread where I brought that up had "what?" edited into for some unknown/nonsensical reason...

False advertising, mdr No

How should I know if more of the posts I've made haven't been changed at some point? I will always have to suspect that sort of activity on here now... All I have to worry about is Stimbox deleting my threads on NG! Very Happy <-- But he at least explains this sometimes when people bring it up...
avatar
the raytownian

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by 10564 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:47 pm

the raytownian wrote:
thrillho wrote:at least yours was deleted, mine was made to read like i was some kind of tool, i had to re-edit it just to come out even, now im gonna have to take a shit in EVERY thread until i get some justice... :evil:

I can't even tell why mine got removed... and then the one in the same thread where I brought that up had "what?" edited into for some unknown/nonsensical reason...

False advertising, mdr No

How should I know if more of the posts I've made haven't been changed at some point? I will always have to suspect that sort of activity on here now... All I have to worry about is Stimbox deleting my threads on NG! Very Happy <-- But he at least explains this sometimes when people bring it up...

I have no explanation as to what happened to that post of yours. I promise that I did nothing. The only thing I've done so far is edit thrillho's posts. I only did that to show how irrelevant posts lead to trouble. We've got people wanting to show others cool torrents and all that. I highly doubt that they post threads linking to torrents or starting word games in hopes that some fool will come post irrelevant things like "gay" on it.
avatar
10564
Admin

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 26
Location : Madison, Wisconsin

View user profile http://harshnoise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by RevBucky on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:53 pm

I can understand the need to stay on topic, but hey you're dealing with a bunch of short attention spanners, free thinkers, and people with the need to express themselves, even when they have nothing to really say or add to conversation.

But editing someonelses words is crap. Maybe add an "editorial comment" in which you as admin tell them that they are wasting time and space and being an idiot, for all to see, but altering someones feelings is, to me, one of the worst crimes one can do!
avatar
RevBucky

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 55
Location : Hell is Southern Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by less_cunning on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:04 am

did you get banned like they do on troniks or the blue board. can you still post on here. okay then. have a coke & a smile & shut the fuck up then.
avatar
less_cunning

Posts : 479
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 40
Location : grixxin

View user profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hedgehog_and_the_Fox

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by 10564 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:17 am

yeah, I've realized now that completely editing posts is bs, so I will cease from doing so in the future. RevBucky has got the idea. I will now just reply to such posts.

I'm fairly sure that if posts are made that are absolutely irrelevant (and is an action of a troll) then those posts will be delete.

Example: Someone wants to start a thread of a word game. If you don't have anything good to say about this, keep it to yourself. Comments like "gay" are not appreciated by the person who started the thread. Such comments will be deleted. If you want to be crazy and random, post in the appropriate section (complete nonsense)
avatar
10564
Admin

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 26
Location : Madison, Wisconsin

View user profile http://harshnoise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by less_cunning on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 am

you know if you are going to ban, could you pliz give the person a fair warning directly & via PM. & if it continues could you only ban someone for like a month. then let them back in after they have learned their lesson. then if the problem persists then banned for like 3 mos, et cetera.

unless some is stealing money from someone or putting someones life or well-being or livelyhood in danger. then maybe ban permanently.

lol!
avatar
less_cunning

Posts : 479
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 40
Location : grixxin

View user profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hedgehog_and_the_Fox

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by 10564 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:39 am

less_cunning wrote:you know if you are going to ban, could you pliz give the person a fair warning directly & via PM. & if it continues could you only ban someone for like a month. then let them back in after they have learned their lesson. then if the problem persists then banned for like 3 mos, et cetera.

unless some is stealing money from someone or putting someones life or well-being or livelyhood in danger. then maybe ban permanently.

lol!

that is pretty much what I had in mind. Although the temporary ban thing didn't cross my mind. It's a very good idea. Thanks for your ideas cherry
avatar
10564
Admin

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 26
Location : Madison, Wisconsin

View user profile http://harshnoise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by less_cunning on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:31 am

thank you for being a reasonable, open-minded non-reactionary moderator. i personally appreciate it.

clown
avatar
less_cunning

Posts : 479
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 40
Location : grixxin

View user profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hedgehog_and_the_Fox

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by thrillho on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:12 am

Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχία anarchía, "without ruler") may refer to any of the following:

"No rulership or enforced authority." [1]
"Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder."[2]
"A social state in which there is no governing person or group of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."[3]
"Absence or non-recognition of authority and order in any given sphere."[4]
A society free from coercive authority of any kind is the goal of proponents of the political philosophy of anarchism (anarchists).
Independent from rule or authority.
Legitimacy of a state is gained through consent, not through coercion.

this place isnt anarchy, its a dick-tatership, post editing by the mods is the worst "rule" i have ever heard of, anyone who supports it is a douchebag, fuck you all, goodbye...

thrillho

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by 10564 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:27 pm

thrillho wrote:
Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχία anarchía, "without ruler") may refer to any of the following:

"No rulership or enforced authority." [1]
"Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder."[2]
"A social state in which there is no governing person or group of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."[3]
"Absence or non-recognition of authority and order in any given sphere."[4]
A society free from coercive authority of any kind is the goal of proponents of the political philosophy of anarchism (anarchists).
Independent from rule or authority.
Legitimacy of a state is gained through consent, not through coercion.

this place isnt anarchy, its a dick-tatership, post editing by the mods is the worst "rule" i have ever heard of, anyone who supports it is a douchebag, fuck you all, goodbye...

As I've said about 10 goddamn times: I will stop editing posts, but I will also kindly ask people to keep their posting relevant to the thread's situation
avatar
10564
Admin

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 26
Location : Madison, Wisconsin

View user profile http://harshnoise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by the raytownian on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:39 pm

I didn't know this was some big social experiment! Razz

I figured you just wanted a board where anything could happen, even if it meant constant disruptions (i.e., 40 consecutive, gigantic Anime screencaps in the middle of a thread, or spamming with the word "GAY")!

Anyway, I forgive you, dear... and I believe what you say about the vanished post (I don't even remember saying anything that would warrant any action in it)......... It's not worth getting all pissed about anyway.

BUT, I will say it comes of as unfair to complain about interfere with people's privileges to post what they want whenever people take a mile with their freedoms since it's advertised as a place to do so.

Most of the forums I've used that have no mods or mods that don't give a shit are fucking dead and COMPLETELY overrun with annoying spam bots who want to sell WOW GOLD or something, BTW!

Frankly, I think "thrillo" is intentionally overreacting because he feels that editing his posts was hypocritical, especially for someone who created a whole new forum as a reaction against that type of thing (more-specifically, banning).

THEN AGAIN, I suppose it's fair also to consider the forum is described as a place that doesn't BAN people, not one that doesn't censor people.

EVEN STILL, I think it's pretty easy for people to assume this means they have the privilege to post whatever what they want without getting posts edited.

Anyway, it's not my business how you run the forum. I don't like posts getting edited, but I believe you mean what you say, and I don't think it's worth throwing away a positive/friendly innernette-acquaintanceship over, since I know you are no "Greh-Jew"... You're a total STIMBOX now, though. Laughing




BOARD POLITICS... They always make me feel like such a pathetic nerd with no life when I get caught up in them... Neutral
avatar
the raytownian

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by 10564 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Yeah, it's not that I have anything against randomness in posts. I just know how frustrating it can be starting a thread hoping for a logical response only to have random pictures posted in response.
avatar
10564
Admin

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 26
Location : Madison, Wisconsin

View user profile http://harshnoise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by red FAGwave on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm

can you go fuck yourself if youre a homounsexual?
avatar
red FAGwave

Posts : 37
Join date : 2010-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by less_cunning on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:15 pm

okay Mr. D can you like smoke some weed & just go w/ the flow i think you have made your point okay.

avatar
less_cunning

Posts : 479
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 40
Location : grixxin

View user profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hedgehog_and_the_Fox

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by red FAGwave on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:14 pm

ok, i will be good now just because less_ asked(he says with a wry smile while laughing beer out his nose)

out of weed, BTW...help a brother out...
avatar
red FAGwave

Posts : 37
Join date : 2010-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by less_cunning on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 pm

actually now i am MORE than a little pissed so you can go back to doing what you were doing i am officially DONE w/ this board i am moving on to Musicstinks!
avatar
less_cunning

Posts : 479
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 40
Location : grixxin

View user profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hedgehog_and_the_Fox

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by 10564 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:42 pm

What could you possibly be pissed about now? I haven.t done anything wrong other than editing thrillho's posts, which I've apologized for countless times.
avatar
10564
Admin

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 26
Location : Madison, Wisconsin

View user profile http://harshnoise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MODS EDITING POSTS

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum