NOISE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you make noise ?

+3
gordon
Emil Beaulieau
7 posters

Go down

How do you make noise ? Empty How do you make noise ?

Post by Emil Beaulieau Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Can someone help me ? I can't figure out how to hook up all these boxes I have.[img]How do you make noise ? Allfuzzes[/img]
Emil Beaulieau

Back to top Go down

How do you make noise ? Empty Re: How do you make noise ?

Post by 10564 Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:08 pm

holy shit!

ummmm

a shitload of 1/4 inch to 14 inch cords?

I am envious of your collection
Admin

https://harshnoise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gordon Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:29 pm

i have doubts as to whether the gear in this picture belongs to the poster!
gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 pm

Contact mic in the shitter...

*PIIIISSSS!*

I actually did record a short sample into an SK-8 by peeing into a toilet with a contact mic in it.....
the raytownian
the raytownian

Back to top Go down

Post by Emil Beaulieau Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:33 am

gordon wrote:i have doubts as to whether the gear in this picture belongs to the poster!
I'm gonna ban you !!!!
Emil Beaulieau

Back to top Go down

Post by 10564 Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Emil Beaulieau wrote:
gordon wrote:i have doubts as to whether the gear in this picture belongs to the poster!
I'm gonna ban you !!!!

XD

you can't ban people!

SO I WILL BAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*evil laughter*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:48 am

you can ban this dick all nite long fag!!!

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

less_cunning
less_cunning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hedgehog_and_the_Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouka Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:18 am

So many buttons and knobs to turn...

May I?

albino

Mouka
Mouka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Mouka wrote:

So many buttons and knobs to turn...

May I?

albino

NO, ARE YOU CRAZY!?!?!

THESE ARE COLLECTOR'S ITEMS; BREATHING ON THEM WILL DECREASE THE VALUE!!!

THAT SHIT IS GOING TO PAY FOR SOME BRATTY KID'S COLLEGE TUITION ONE DAY, WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING TOUCH THEM!!!?!?!??
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I still hate pedal collectors, dumbass GEETAWR TONE MASTERZZZ and Trent Reznor-wannabe-types that cause "vintage" toys/pedals (even the most recently discontinued ones) to skyrocket in price on the used market, because then only rich-bitch fuckers (i.e., Trent Reznor) can afford to buy an UNBENT Casio-ANYTHING, or an old pedal (even mass-produced ones from the 1980's in many cases) at a non-bullshit price.

All because some fucktard set a trend of something going for 200+ because they were dumb+rich enough to do it when one opportunistic shitbag sold something on eBuy for more than it was worth!

WHEW... Got that off my chest...
the raytownian
the raytownian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouka Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:44 pm

the raytownian wrote:
NO, ARE YOU CRAZY!?!?!

THESE ARE COLLECTOR'S ITEMS; BREATHING ON THEM WILL DECREASE THE VALUE!!!

THAT SHIT IS GOING TO PAY FOR SOME BRATTY KID'S COLLEGE TUITION ONE DAY, WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING TOUCH THEM!!!?!?!??
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I still hate pedal collectors, dumbass GEETAWR TONE MASTERZZZ and Trent Reznor-wannabe-types that cause "vintage" toys/pedals (even the most recently discontinued ones) to skyrocket in price on the used market, because then only rich-bitch fuckers (i.e., Trent Reznor) can afford to buy an UNBENT Casio-ANYTHING, or an old pedal (even mass-produced ones from the 1980's in many cases) at a non-bullshit price.

All because some fucktard set a trend of something going for 200+ because they were dumb+rich enough to do it when one opportunistic shitbag sold something on eBuy for more than it was worth!

WHEW... Got that off my chest...

Man, my font is not easy to read when quoted.

Neutral

Anyhow, wow!

I understand what you're saying. Hopefully things won't ALWAYS be that way though D:

And if they are... That really sucks as well.

No

Mouka
Mouka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thrillho Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:54 pm

you wanna know how to make noise?...YOU WANNA KNOW HOW TO MAKE NOISE??...

well you have to sit real still and be real quiet and block out every impulse coming from your first five sense organs until you can "hear" your sixth and seventh organs start to express themselves...sometimes this takes a lot of drugs to do properly...then start mixing the inputs of the sixth and seventh together in your head, assuming of course you have materialized at least a two channel mixer in your mind, and i would go with four channels if you have enough memory to work with, personally, i use a 32 channel mixer with onboard 24-bit multi-effects, but thats only needed when mixing organs six through 12, realizing of course that on organs nine through 12 the number of discrete signal outputs increases exponentially, then after mixing, just record it in the real world somehow, or better yet, perform it live using instruments and such...
thrillho

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:11 pm

me personally i like hipsters & Sonic Youth. i have two UNCIRCUIT-bent SK-1 that i paid zeros dollars for.

peace.

sunny
less_cunning
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:34 pm

less_cunning wrote:me personally i like hipsters & Sonic Youth. i have two UNCIRCUIT-bent SK-1 that i paid zeros dollars for.

peace.

sunny

Thing is, I have no desire to bend them either, but now even unmolested ones are hard to find at fair prices...

What's wrong with SY? I honestly think they are a bit over-celebrated, but I hardly hate them...

Being a Hipster is a bad thing, though, if you ask me... It's one thing to be "fashionable" (or not?), and it's another thing to be a fucking social vampire!

I can't say I appreciate the image-focused, vain, self-obsessed, shallow and insincere/noncommittal, "LOOK AT ME, I'M SO FABULOUS! FASHION SHOOT TIME!" vibe I get from so many people today... THAT, to me, is being a fucking Hipster... But I am just a bitter, ugly loser... So maybe it's my problem, haha.

Hipsterdom is a STATE OF MIND, MANNNN... And it's not new!
the raytownian
the raytownian

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:06 am

so are you really looking for one at a fair price or are you just whining becuz you think that life is unfair & you'd rather be a finger pointer instead of being proactive giterdone person.
less_cunning
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:49 am

less_cunning wrote:so are you really looking for one at a fair price or are you just whining becuz you think that life is unfair & you'd rather be a finger pointer instead of being proactive giterdone person.

I am not looking because they are all too expensive and not worth looking at online... I mean, I WOULD buy/bend stuff if it didn't cost so much, sure.

I never (or very seldom) find good and/or bendable shit locally.

I mean, life is unfair in that respect, too, haha... but why would I need to point fingers at anyone?
the raytownian
the raytownian

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:16 am

so you are not looking? becuz i have two & i barely used them. i would not have any problem trading off the Grunge SK-1.

my guess it that is more whining about hipsters than anything else.
less_cunning
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:10 pm

less_cunning wrote:so you are not looking? becuz i have two & i barely used them. i would not have any problem trading off the Grunge SK-1.

my guess it that is more whining about hipsters than anything else.

I have an SK-8 already... And I don't want to bend it!...

I'd still buy SK's and bend them (I'm sure that opens up a lot of possibilities) if they didn't cost so damn much... and it's got nothing to do with Hipsters... I already said it's more about lame, douche bag collectors/Trent Reznor clones with faux-Industrial, "I HAVE A TON OF BENT SHIT I BOUGHT FOR BULLSHIT PRICES BECAUSE I HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY, WHICH ENCOURAGES ITEM INFLATION"-gear-filled studios... It's the buyer that allows this inflation to occur... As long as people with insanely-high expendable income continue to influence this sort of thing, it will continue to occur.

Still, "Hipsters" (apparently we have different definitions?) are just modern-day yuppies who try to pretend they aren't modern-day yuppies... I can't understand what's good about that... They tend to fit pretty well with my last statement about people with too much fucking money...

What the hell is a "HIPSTER" in your opinion? You keep pussy-footing around that and acting like I hate everyone that listens to Indie music, or that I think I am superior to "them" just because I bitch about them a lot or something!

Didn't know it was such a bone of contention for you... Laughing
the raytownian
the raytownian

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:23 pm

it's not a bone of contention. i just think the santimonious cynicism is futile. i don't have time to worry about hipsters or whomever runs up circuit bent gear. it's not something i'd like to stress myself out over or preach about or whatever.

i don't care about that hyper-inflation. doesn't trouble me one bit.

i really don't have a working definition cuz the present-day social designation of the term hipster seems relatively new. most "hipsters" in the early aughties were indeed poor & utilitarian. then that became fashionable & adopted by others who weren't so poor: college graduates & law students, non-musicians et cetera.

anyway my computer is crashing now...

farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao
less_cunning
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:31 pm

less_cunning wrote:it's not a bone of contention. i just think the santimonious cynicism is futile. i don't have time to worry about hipsters or whomever runs up circuit bent gear. it's not something i'd like to stress myself out over or preach about or whatever.

i don't care about that hyper-inflation. doesn't trouble me one bit.

i really don't have a working definition cuz the present-day social designation of the term hipster seems relatively new. most "hipsters" in the early aughties were indeed poor & utilitarian. then that became fashionable & adopted by others who weren't so poor: college graduates & law students, non-musicians et cetera.

anyway my computer is crashing now...

farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao

I can dig it.

what's with all the: farao ?
the raytownian
the raytownian

Back to top Go down

Post by thrillho Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:46 pm

WHY MAKE NOISE?, JUST PRETEND TO, SOMEONE ELSE WILL COME ALONG BEHIND YOU AND EDIT WHAT YOU DIDNT DO, POSERS ARE THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, ANARCHY IS COMMUNISM, ET AL...
thrillho

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:28 pm

banning is the wave of the future to make noise boards palatable for the impending influx of hipsters.

flower
less_cunning
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by 10564 Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:34 pm

less_cunning wrote:banning is the wave of the future to make noise boards palatable for the impending influx of hipsters.

flower

lol
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:08 am

farao
less_cunning
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by 10564 Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:11 pm

the raytownian wrote:I never (or very seldom) find good and/or bendable shit locally.

goodwill???????????
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down