WTB: Dano French Toast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTB: Dano French Toast

Post by less_cunning on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:00 pm

anybody got one fo cheap? like $20-$25 shipped. i don't really have like $50 bucks to buy one new on ebay or whatever.
less_cunning

View user profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hedgehog_and_the_Fox

Back to top Go down

Re: WTB: Dano French Toast

Post by the raytownian on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:37 pm

less_cunning wrote:anybody got one fo cheap? like $20-$25 shipped. i don't really have like $50 bucks to buy one new on ebay or whatever.

If mine weren't slightly messed up, I might sell it, but it is... I just watched ebay for a long time until I found a cheap one... You have to waste your life on ebay to find good prices, but it's SO "worth it"!

I was pissed because I still had to pay more... I was watching an auction for one that went cheap as FUCK, and my internet shit out RIGHT as it was ending... Pissed me the fuck off, FOR REAL...
the raytownian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:12 am

i didn't have to waste my life to get a Black Licorice or a Chilli Dog cheaply. had no problems. but looking at a few i want now-French Toast, TOD, Cool Cat Metal-none of those seem to be either cheap or used.

same thing goes for the Arion pedals but thankfully those do show up for about $20 or so on craigslist here.
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouka on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 am

the raytownian wrote:
I was pissed because I still had to pay more... I was watching an auction for one that went cheap as FUCK, and my internet shit out RIGHT as it was ending... Pissed me the fuck off, FOR REAL...

That really sucks.

monkey

Mouka
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:37 pm

less_cunning wrote:i didn't have to waste my life to get a Black Licorice or a Chilli Dog cheaply. had no problems. but looking at a few i want now-French Toast, TOD, Cool Cat Metal-none of those seem to be either cheap or used.

same thing goes for the Arion pedals but thankfully those do show up for about $20 or so on craigslist here.

Haha, I just paid the full price for a BL Sad <-- I'd say you were just fortunate to catch a good opportunity (I never see these in cheap auction sales).

I found my CD on some guy's blog a long time ago ($15 or so, beotch) <--These are so common, they're pretty easy to come by cheap and used.

But I waited 'n waited 'n waited, kept keeping my eyes peeled for cheap French Toast auction listings, and eventually I found one for reasonably-less than the going rate.

Same way I got my Fish & Chips for about $25, my Gnarler, for about $55.00 (There's a chipped-up Sirkut WNG on there right now)... Also got a Boss Power Driver for about $27.00 (give or take a couple dollars).

Last edited by the raytownian on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
the raytownian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Mouka wrote:
the raytownian wrote:

That really sucks.

monkey

Don't I know it?

I also always seem to accidentally sleep through most of the best deals I find, haha... Lost out on a really cheap DOD Envelope Filter that way!
Got distracted and forgot to bid on a Boss Heavy Metal, so I bought a Metal Zone instead... Then I traded the Metal Zone!
the raytownian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gordon on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:41 pm

build yr own!!

gordon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:42 pm

gordon wrote:build yr own!!

Gimme a kit + pre-drilled enclosure!
the raytownian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:33 pm

i know fuck that build your own shit. i've seen some things/kits that when you break it down it's really not much cheaper than just trying to buy it used. i have no soldering iron, no parts, no knowledge of schematics, no hand drill/drill press...none of that stuff.

build a French Toast when you can get one for like $20 whatever?

plus i just saw today that there are some Arion pedals i want & there is are no schematics for them.

snobbish...
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by thrillho on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:49 pm

hey, im thinking about building a couple pieces of equipment, i have all the tools, equipment and know how, i just need the schematics for a couple worthy projects, anyone have any home built circuit experience?, i mean hands-on reviews of something worth building, ?

thrillho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:58 pm

anyway. i just "realized" i have a Dano Chilli Dog & a DOD Fuzz some maybe i should try & use those & see if i can get something similar to a French Toast if possible.

i also think that Noise peoplel that hate on cheap pedals like Arion, Behringer & Dano really are just as guilty of the same snobbery as guitarists, perhaps if not more so, same thing w/ the hate on multi-fx. that's some really uppity snobbish shit guitarist do & its stoopid.
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:20 pm

less_cunning wrote:i also think that Noise peoplel that hate on cheap pedals like Arion, Behringer & Dano really are just as guilty of the same snobbery as guitarists, perhaps if not more so, same thing w/ the hate on multi-fx. that's some really uppity snobbish shit guitarist do & its stoopid.

IDK, I can sort of see what you mean, but I think most "Noise people" I've heard (i.e., read in Noiseguide reviews) tend to complain about durability (Danelectro/Soundtank knobs, plastic cases, et al.) more that "TONE SUCKAGGGE" or anything like that.

I think it's fair to consider that some cheap pedals really do color signals/loops in potentially-bad ways, but then people just need to build true bypass loopers if they are going to bitch about it and not shell out money for "the real thing" (it's really not hard to build one... I used a diagram online! and it's probably manageable even w/o solder, if that interests you any!)

As for reproducing the FT, IDK if that'll work since the FT is an octave up fuzz, and the BL+CD are both octave down effects.
the raytownian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:54 am

i have a Soundtrack & two Dano pedals & i have never had any durability issues. if people wanna be anal about color signals then thats fine it just seems stupid to when at the end of the day everything is going to be delayed & distorted & loud but maybe i am wrong you know the rules...

yeah i wasn't sure w/ the Chilli Dog. an octave down instead of up might actually be better. i guess i was more thinking in terms of Fuzz + Octave more so than up or down. so sad i really haven't used my Chilli DOg since i got it & i want to start putting it to good use. that is why i was thinking out loud w/ respect to the Fuzz +Chilli Dog.

i don't think i am going to stress myself out over it anymore; if not fuck it, the French Toast will be the first pedal i ever buy brand new. probably go to Guitar Center or something.

i basically want all those Dano pedals now. so funny last year they were even on the radar. okay so these are what i want:

• Dano French Toast
• Dano TOD/'Timmy"
• Dano Cool Cat Metal
• Dano Fab Metal

farao farao farao farao
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:45 am

less_cunning wrote:i have a Soundtrack & two Dano pedals & i have never had any durability issues.

I can at least understand some of the complaints (my Black Coffee has knobs that just pull right out...), but I think the main thing people complain about is mass-produced shit like Dano/Behringer coming D.O.A. or crapping out shortly after receiving (with that said, I've always defended those "flimsy plastic cases" since I've never owned one that wasn't durable enough if I didn't go out of my way to destroy it).

less_cunning wrote:an octave down instead of up might actually be better. i guess i was more thinking in terms of Fuzz + Octave more so than up or down.

Tonight, I was messing around with the guitar and got a cool blue/buzz box sound by turning up the Chili Dog's left octave knob all the way, and turning the dry/right octave knobs all the way down, then sending that into a DOD Grunge (I am sure most high gain/"fuzzy" pedals would suffice)... Neat "synthy" tones.
the raytownian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:08 am

i really can't take any of that stuff seriously. i can't wait to get my first Behringer pedal.

yeah more think about experimenting w/ the Octave + Fuzz. the Black Licorice w/ the Fuzz is really awesome. that is kind of part of my main set-ups: DOD Chorus>CN-1>DOD Fuzz>Dano Black Licorice>EHX SMMwH

Gordon said something about Octaves+Delays being really awesome so i have been needing to try thatttttt. really no time to experiment right now though. maybe laterz.

farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:43 am

ha. i actually bid on that one. also saw one on craigslist for $25 but its somewhere in Taylorsville. have no idea where that's at.
anyway. i am trying to not stress myself out about this anymore.
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:15 pm

less_cunning wrote:ha. i actually bid on that one. also saw one on craigslist for $25 but its somewhere in Taylorsville. have no idea where that's at.
anyway. i am trying to not stress myself out about this anymore.

Damn, it went for about 16 bucks, too!

It kinda sucks that I bought one BRAND NEW, and it's defective... Makes getting it for a slightly-reduced price seem kind of pointless...

I may just need to go over ALL the cold solder joints to make it work correctly (there are a fucking lot of them in mine), but I haven't really felt up to doing it.
------------------
You might be relived to know I put together one of those cheapo shelf things (like from Ikea, but not from Ikea), and can now reach my Juno-6 since cleaning/organizing/rearranging some things... I'm still not motivated to record anything though, haha.
the raytownian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:52 am

think i'm done w/ pedals for a while.

farao
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by 10564 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:04 am

less_cunning wrote:think i'm done w/ pedals for a while.

farao

what other techniques are you getting into?
Admin

View user profile http://harshnoise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gordon on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:22 am

try shoving a contact mic up your ass.

gordon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the raytownian on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:05 pm

gordon wrote:try shoving a contact mic up your ass.

Gawd, I wish I could get the recording I did this way off of my desktop computer...
the raytownian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:20 pm

10564 wrote:
less_cunning wrote:think i'm done w/ pedals for a while.

farao

what other techniques are you getting into?

mostly trying to employ the "use what you have" philosophy & try to get some cheap rack gear, a few more multi-fx, one or two drum-machines/sequencers. trying to keep my pedal family under 20. currently it is at 13. (excepting Multi-FX).

still want that Dano French Toast but this whole "Dano" is a homophobe company is really making me want to just ditch them. not so much that i care becuz the debate is really stupid. but if you are gonna boycott Dano then boycott them str8-up not just say you are "only gonna buy used" or sale your Dano pedal & make a profit off it.

farao

Last edited by less_cunning on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by STALKER on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

That logic doesn't make sense--to only buy new--unless you meant used.

Either way, I don't give enough of a fuck about it, especially since I've probably used their pedals for PRO-FAG recordings, haha.

-the raytownian
STALKER

Back to top Go down

Post by less_cunning on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:47 pm

whoops. i meant used.

but yeah they don't care about that they are all like hetero dudes w/ gfs & wives they LOVE SO MUCH. its just some stupid PC thing. i jokingly said they should give them to me for free, instead of selling them or gaining some monetary value/exchange, or whatever & they just called me a troll.

it would be me saying okay i can put my money where my mouth is. if they are going to boycott then they need to boycott OUTRIGHT becuz man everyone knows Dano is like probably the best bang for you buck pedal right now fuck that.

clown
less_cunning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top